Floor Strip and Wax - What you should know
The team at All County Maintenance was recently called to a doctor's office in Boca Raton to evaluate the condition of their floor after a discount company performed a strip and wax.
Although from a distance it appeared that the stripping and waxing of the floor had been done, a closer examination revealed several common mistakes inexperienced cleaning companies make when performing a floor strip and wax.
Most notably we observed:
- Floors had not been stripped
- Wax was laid "around" the furniture as opposed to removing the furniture
- Baseboards were extremely dirty, showing several coats of old wax
- Edges had not been properly stripped - black residue was present
- Cheap wax had been used which will yellow and become opaque quickly
These mistakes are common, and most discount companies will make them in order to cut corners. A floor strip and wax is a maintenance which should be performed by an experienced company to avoid a sloppy result. Some companies offer cheap prices by avoiding moving furniture, stripping baseboards, stripping edges, using inferior wax or applying less coats of wax like this doctor's office in Boca Raton.
Here are the steps that a professional company like All County Maintenance will take to perform a strip and wax maintenance on your floors:
- Remove furniture and replace them when finished
- Strip baseboards
- Properly strip edges
- Use high concentration of solids in the wax (35%)
- Apply the proper number of coats to achieve the desired level of shininess based on the expected traffic
The higher the quality of the work, wax, and number of coats will determine the shininess of the floor as well as the ease of maintenance (scrub/recoat). Your floors are an important part of making a good impression on your customers, and a great way to show your employees you care about their work environment; so it is important to always put them in the care of the right company.
If you have any questions regarding this post, or if you need floor waxing services in Boca Raton or the surrounding areas, please contact us at: 954-522-2241, one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Article date: Jan. 14 2011
Job type: Floor Waxing
Job Location: Boca Raton - Palm Beach County